Policy Issues Coordinator
Major Trade Association
Salary- Low $30’s
Great entry-level policy position at an established and respected trade association! Start your policy career with a position that allows you to support the CEO, EVP, and general counsel. Here you will be using your exceptional organizational and people-skills to assist with coalition building, PAC fundraising, and becoming an integral liaison to senior management. If you’re looking to get your career on the fast track, there is no better place than to join this fast-pace, professional trade association!
Reports to: Executive Vice President & General Counsel
Position Overview: Provides administrative support to the President & CEO, Executive Vice President & General Counsel, and to other Policy and Politics staff personnel.
- Schedule conference calls for task forces and meetings such as a conference and be responsible for logistics of in-house meetings and.
- Assist with PAC administration and fundraising activities, including: make follow-up phone calls as necessary, logging in and depositing contributions; other duties as assigned.
- Perform administrative functions for coalition efforts, including state tax coalitions.
- Provide administrative support to lobbying, grassroots and fundraising activities, including preparing lobbying folders for different initiatives.
- Format, prepare and distribute electronic newsletters
- Assist in the production of Board of Governors meetings materials (three times per year.)
- Assist in the administration of the annual nominations and elections process for the Board of Governors and for Leadership awards.
- Participate with operations team in association projects, customer service and office management such as covering the reception desk and answering telephone calls as directed by the Director, Administration.
- Assist with activities as follows: maintain member contact lists and letterhead, monitor budget, send e-mail communications, arrange and host in-house meetings, process invoices, prepare lobbying folders, format letters and correspond with consultants, maintain web site and maintain records of hill meetings.
- Provide registration and other support at off-site meetings.
- Coordinate travel and meeting itineraries for the President & CEO, the Executive Vice President & General Counsel and other staff when needed.
Interested parties should send their resume to Sarah Smith, at email@example.com with “Policy Coordinator” in the subject heading.