Looking for work? Here are a couple of options you should check out.
Job opening number 1.
Conservative news website Townhall.com has an opening for an entry-level position, ideal for a recent graduate looking to get a foot in the door of the conservative movement.
Send resumes to email@example.com.
Job opening number 2.
Assistant Manager, Community Relations
If you love working in a membership department, this is the place for you! In this growing, creative, and dynamic association, you will be responsible for being the face of the organization to its members and coming up with creative outreach ideas to increase membership. Here is an opportunity for you to use your exceptional writing and verbal communication skills to assist in answering questions of the members and being able to service their needs. Also, you will gain great management skills as you organize and lead volunteer leaders across the country in chapters and special interest groups formulate discussion topics and best practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Assists the COO/DCR in the coordination and administration of chapter and Special Interest Group (SIG) programs. (75%)
- Coordinates chapter information clearinghouse. (The function of reviewing and recording chapter reports, minutes, newsletters and other chapter materials for later use and reference by other chapters.)
- Working with the membership staff, supports the administrative needs of 120 chapters and 20 SIGs.
- Assists in the development of reference materials (manuals and information packets) for use by chapter and SIG officers and committees.
- Assists in the development of chapter and SIG membership recruitment and retention activities.
- Assists in coordination and development of special meetings for chapters including: chapter officers, area leaders, and chapter executives information sessions/workshops and luncheons.
- Assist accounting department with chapter and SIG accounting issues.
- Professionally represents the national organization to chapters, SIGs and membership at-large.
Assists the COO/DCR in administration of governance-related committees.
Provides back-up to Membership Department on renewal and conference registration. (5%: Seasonal)
- Answer member questions regarding renewal and annual conference.
- Process membership renewal and conference registration forms.
Performs special assignments or other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university.
- Two to five years of experience working for an association in a comparable position
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Self sufficient computer skills including Microsoft Office and database utilization.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to grasp issues and concerns of interest to the membership at large and to individual members.
- Ability to relate Society products and programs to the solution of member challenges.
Interested parties should send their resumes to Sarah Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.