We get asked to spread all kinds of news about events, which we gladly do, and now we’ve been asked to spread the word about job openings, which will gladly do. If you’re interested in either of these jobs, or looking for something else, contact Sarah Smith and she will do her best to hook you up!
Government Relations Specialist
Salary: Up to Mid $50K’sAre you looking to use your legislative/grassroots experience in a government affairs office? Do you enjoy working on education and literacy issues? This national association is looking for a dynamic professional with grassroots and Hill experience to work in their DC office on behalf of literacy and education.
* Coordinate and distribute grassroots messages for the office of government relations.
* Develop and maintain grassroots network for federal legislative advocacy and work with the government relations team to develop effective messaging in conjunction with state associations, its networks, allies and others.
* Manage and coordinate the annual all-day conference.
* Advocate on behalf of the mission and assist in developing strategies to influence legislation.
Requirements: Knowledge of grassroots organizing and the legislative process, as well as a working knowledge of the education field. Excellent communication skills (oral, written, and electronic) needed as well as a working knowledge about the various options for communicating with its supporters. Solid computer skills are also necessary, particularly Microsoft Word and Excel. Ability to meet strict deadlines and maintain good customer service is necessary to navigate amongst diverse groups of people, including legislators and their staff. Must possess the ability to handle multiple priorities and multiple deadlines with ease.
For immediate consideration, send resume to email@example.com, with subject “Government Relations Specialist”
Member Services Representative
Alexandria, VA (old town)
Growing trade association is looking for a member service representative who is able to research and problem solve while assisting national members. This is an incredibly fast-paced environment that challenges its team. There is absolute room for growth as you continue to build your experience and skill sets. Bring your membership and customer service skills and jumpstart your career.
• Day to day management of member service subscriptions
• Maintain corporate member roster and database
• Research and gather information of corporate leadership
• Handle member outreach activities and respond to member inquiries
• Call and prospect for potential members
• Create and execute marketing plans
• Process due invoices
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
• Well-developed customer service skills
• Dynamic communicator with proven problem solving skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Outstanding oral and written communication skills
• Able to work effectively both individually and with a team
• Professional and mature attitude
• 100% paid comprehensive health insurance plan to employees for single coverage
• 2 weeks vacation
• 6 sick days and all Federal Holidays
• SEP IRA plan — which contributes 10% per year on a quarterly basis after 6 months
• Parking cost assistance
• Association and membership experience preferred
• Minimum 2 year membership experience with an association or non profit
For immediate consideration, send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject “Membership”